It doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger.
Have you heard that Pure Barre gets even harder once you’ve been taking classes for a while? For any newbie, that might seem scary, but that’s the beauty of the technique. You are always challenged, and if you’re not, that’s the sign to dig deeper into the layers of your workout. If you think you’ve hit a plateau, dive into our five ways to up your Pure Barre and treat every class as a new opportunity to challenge your body.
1. Acknowledge & Break Your Bad Habits
Bad habits come in all different forms. Here’s some common ones:
- Showing up a few minutes late / leaving a few minutes early
- Dropping your arms during weight work
- Hovering above your shake zone
- Zoning out during seat work
- Coming out of your Final Ten at 7 or 8
- Letting tension creep up into your shoulders
- Rushing through the end of class
Not sure what yours is? Ask your teacher for some advice! We love to help you identify areas of improvement (and also tell you all the things you’re rocking).
Read the rest on Pure Barre's website www.purebarre.com/blog