Beets are a superfood powerhouse. They are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (good for bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas), betaine, and vitamin B folate. Together folate and betaine help lower blood levels of homocysteine, which can increase your risk of heart disease by causing artery-damaging inflammation. Not to mention beets have been used throughout history for lip and cheek stains! They’re the perfect whole-body beauty food.
Beet Beauty Juice
- 1 medium beet
- 4 stalks kale
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- ¾ cup water
- ½ apple
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- ¼ inch fresh turmeric
- Optional: ½ lemon
- Place in Vitamin and blend into a juice. But don’t strain, sip the fiber!
- Put aside 2 teaspoons to use to activate your Sumbody mask. Try it with our Renew or Rehydrating Get Extreme.
Simple Steamed Beet Salad
- Dice beats in ¼ inch squares.
- Steam until tender and cool.
- Toss in juice of 1 grapefruit (or the meat of the grapefruit), 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with toasted pine nuts.
- Optional: goat cheese.
See the original post at 👉🏻 https://www.sumbody.com/beets-are-beautiful/