It’s been a rough year for many people who are suffering from illness. With the additional threat of Coronavirus COVID19, it’s no wonder we’re all thinking about how to boost our immunity and help reduce our chances of getting sick!
To start, check out the CDC’s recent tips for prevention and treatment of Coronavirus COVID19. Actions such as washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, all follow the same general recommendations for preventing the common cold.
Nutritional supplements can also be a good way to strengthen your innate immune system from the start. Following are nutritional supplements our practitioners often recommend for this purpose.
- Echinacea helps support and stimulate the immune system. Taking 3 to 5 ml of liquid formulas or 300 mg of powdered root supplements three times a day can help clear symptoms faster. You can also find it in Gaia Herbs Quick Defense, WishGarden Herbs Kick-Ass Immune and Herb Pharm Super Echinacea.
- Black Elderberry has long been used for colds and flu. Take 4 tablespoons (adults) or 2 tablespoons (children) of this herb a day to speed recovery. Get it via Pharmaca Sambucus, Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry or Nature’s Way Sambucus.
- Vitamin C helps support healthy immune function. Take at least 500 mg per day to help reduce your flu risk. Find it in Pharmaca Vitamin C 500 mg or 1000 mg.
- Astragalus and Eleuthero extracts have immune-enhancing properties, which may play a role in preventing infection with the common cold. Take at least 100 mg per day to support healthy immune function. Look for Pharmaca Astragalus, Herb Pharm Astragalus Extract and Gaia Herbs Eleuthero Root.
- Probiotic bacteria favorably alter the intestinal microflora balance, inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, boost immune function and increase resistance to infection. We like Pharmaca Super Probiotic and Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus EPS.
- Medicinal mushrooms such as reishi, shiitake, chaga, turkey tail and maitake provide aggressive support for a healthy immune response. Find them in Pharmaca Mushroom Defense, and Host Defense MyCommunity and Stamets 7.
Other go-to supplements for enhancing immunity and wellness
For this blog post and others, visit https://www.pharmaca.com/projectwellness