Trader Joe's Grilled Flat Iron Steak
Consider this your basic blueprint to achieving grilled steak goodness: nail down the technique in this recipe, then change things up with marinades, seasonings, and oils, and you can have steak on the menu all summer long.
A word to the wise—grill temperatures can vary widely! Use the recommended cooking time below as a starting point, and adjust as necessary to the quirks of your grill.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cooking Time: 7 - 8 Minutes
2 packages (4 steaks) TJ's USDA Choice Premium Angus Beef Flat Iron Chuck Steak
TJ's Olive Oil
TJ's Sea Salt & Black Pepper Grinders
- Remove steaks from packaging. Rub each each steak generously with olive oil, and salt and pepper both sides. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, cover and let rest about 20 minutes before you're ready to grill.
- Heat grill to high. Place steaks in the center of the grill and cook 4 minutes (don't touch them at all during this time—this ensures you achieve maximum grill marks!).
- Reduce heat on center burners to medium. Flip steaks and cook 3-5 minutes more, to desired doneness*. Remove steaks from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Degree of Doneness:
- Rare (cool red center)—125°F
- Medium-Rare (warm red center)—135°F
- Medium (warm pink center)—145°F
- Medium-Well (slightly pink center)—150°F
- Well (little or no pink)—160°F
*The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes.
For more Trader Joe's recipes, go to: https://www.traderjoes.com/recipes
Posted on June 12, 2018
by Alison Stripling